The Austin community's massive support for non-profit organizations is one of the things I love most about this city. Amplify Austin is upon us and unless you're living under a rock it's hard to not have heard about it. It's a full 24 hours to go to one website and "shop" for all the charities you'd like to financially support. You've likely received several emails from various groups asking for support and I hope that you'll do so if you're able.
Not to be left out I thought I would offer a brief list of the charities that I or my family support throughout the year just in case you need some inspiration.
- The Central Texas SPCA (I'm VP of the Board) which was Williamson County's 1st no-kill animal shelter. We're celebrating our 30th year!
- Generation Serve (we have a friend on the Board) which is a fantastic organization that promotes volunteerism among families and children. I've taken my three year old to the food pantry with this group and she absolutely loved being a helper!
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is an organization that I've long been involved in as a fundraiser and will even embark on a campaign for Woman of the Year beginning in April. As much as I'd love to tell you to save your dollars, if you're in the mood and on Amplify's send them a couple of bucks.
- The Texas Tribune represents great non-profit news and I support them with a small contribution each year - if you need to know what's happening in Austin or anywhere else in state politics this is a go-to source.
- Dress for Success gives women the support and clothing they need to nail that next job interview.
- The Gizelle Foundation is one that is close to my husband's heart, he runs with Gilbert several days a week and his story is absolutely incredible. Go check it out!
- The Health Alliance for Austin Musicians has a big goal this Amplify year and every little bit helps. My husband sees their patients and works with singers on a regular basis, such a great cause and team running the organization!