First Reading, 2018 vol. 16
It's Monday, the kids are back in school, everyone is home from their Alaskan cruises (don't pretend you didn't notice it's where the world goes now) and life as usual is about to resume. It's already fall in my head, just so you know.
If you're applying for Texas Lyceum - don't forget that your letters and application are due by the end of this week!
Here are some good bits from the many days since we've last convened:
- The New York Times on how to celebrate a "complicated" win for women. Link here. And also how sexism follows women from cradle to the workplace.
- Survey says there's never been a better time for women to run for office. Link here. Except they get harassed and abused when they do. Sigh.
- Women with a military background seem to do quite well when they do run. Via US News and World Reports.
- When the Resistance meets the polls.
- The gender wage gap is alive and well for freelancers as well. Ladies of the lobby listen up.
- A man in Katy is shooting at female drivers because he feels they are incompetent. I swear I'm not making it up.
- Sonia Sotomayor is coming to Austin to discuss her new books for young readers. I would say get your tickets here but it quickly sold out.