First Reading, 2018 vol. 10
107 degrees? Why not.
Never have I tried to wear fewer clothes in my life than in the past two weeks. The frozen gin and tonic at Loro helps, a lot. That's not an ad, just fact.
I'm struggling to kick it all into mental gear this Monday, likely a mix of heat exhaustion and just general summer feelings. But here's what the internet has sent us:
- Women's magazines are beginning to prioritize political coverage - is that incredibly shocking? Yes we can be creative, pretty and (gasp) politically savvy at the same time.
- And while we're on magazines Garden and Gun is a favorite of mine and has a great ongoing focus on the unique characteristics of southern women.
- Everyone has probably already heard that men are getting on Obama's nerves.
- Women in the Philippines are protesting their "macho" leader.
- A UK Tabloid suggests that May's best legacy may be bringing more women along for the ride.
- Meanwhile in New York one consultancy focuses primarily on electing female candidates.
- Wait... but is it okay to be a mom and run for office? Can you tell everyone you're a mom?
- 2020 is shaping up to be Warren v. Trump according to one writer for the Cut. And this flash back piece to remind us how she was Hillary-ed.
- The dogs of Instagram have conspired on a @DogsforBeto handle.
- Austin Woman magazine recently featured the Austin Diaper Bank and it's worth revisiting.
- Don't quit your daydream and other advice from Mindy Kaling's books, via NYT.