Girl Friday, 2018 vol. 4
It's Friday, let's get this weekend started. I like to start by sharing the source of something that I've personally bought, love and get lots of compliments on. If I EVER give you a compliment about something you're wearing it means I desperately want to know where it came from - end of story. So give up the deets ladies! I'll do the same. Virtually or in person.
These bracelets from Roxanne Assoulin are wonderful. I've worn them on the weekend, I've worn them for work events when I need a little something that says I'm not 50 years old yet. They aren't cheap and honestly they are each hand enameled so they can get scratched up a bit but I love them regardless. And every single time I put them on someone asks where I bought them - honestly the only time I hesitate to share is when I'm feeling self-concious about how much I paid for them.
Do you know what the proper attire to a summer, outdoor, yet also goth wedding is? I didn't either, until now. But I think this spaghetti strap number nailed it.
I wanted to buy a very fancy dress to wear for my sister's big day but it also had to be comfortable because I was coordinating the procession and chasing a flower girl down all day sans husband. Rather than buy a dress I rented this one. I'm still getting compliments long after the gown has been returned. And yes, you'll see it's Marchesa, but she's back. Despite marrying a POS.
In other news...
- I signed up for a wine membership at Domaine Carneros while in Napa last weekend and immediately feel like a more fun person for it.
- Would you ever go shopping for a wedding dress while single? Via Town and Country.
- How to take maternity leave as a freelancer via the Cut. I went through this personally and I can say I think I did it wrong. I wrote articles for clients in between 2 AM and 5 AM feedings. Probably not my best work.
- Larry Nassar's victims received the Arthur Ashe Award at the ESPY's and its solid gold.
- Last but not least, 10 Austin Animals to follow in Instagram.
Until next week!