There's a new interview with Amy Rister that was posted this morning. She has some great advice on how to find a job at the Capitol as well as what it takes to be a stellar staffer. I suggest you check it out. Last week I traveled to NM > TX > AL > CA > TX again. The week was shot for updating Pink Granite but I promise I was thinking of you all the entire time - when I wasn't in Napa.
I've just unearthed all of my cell screenshots, flagged emails and other tagged items and here's what I've been saving to share with you all as of late. And don't forget to check out that interview.
- LOVING this bipartisan road trip story from two Texas Congressmen.
- The Texas Tribune is seeking volunteers for their upcoming TribuneFest. In exchange for your shift you'll receive access to certain areas of the event. Learn more here.
- Korey Howell takes great headshots, I've used her personally. She's having a sale on summer headshots. Do it now while you're tan and working on that beach bod.
- I'm seriously considering blowing $450 on these Tamara Mellon slingbacks. Someone take my computer and credit card away immediately.
- The Cut on a very confusing Kellyanne Conway interview, and a story you can't make up from one state Senate candidate in Arizona.
- Cecile Richards will make an appearance at the Texas Book Festival on October 27th to promote her book "make trouble."
- David French on why Trump picked the wrong judge for SCOTUS.
- Also from the Washington Post, the "Good-ness" of "Won't You Be My Neighbor?"
- The Hill Country Young Republicans are hosting the William B. Travis leadership summit this weekend. You can register here.
- In #MeToo news, what's next after men decide to apologize?
- And finally, I've developed a slight crush on Hotelier Liz Lambert, check out her Marfa home via Texas Monthly.