Thursday, why aren't you Friday?
It's practically Friday and the State Democratic Convention is underway in Ft. Worth. If you follow on Instagram @PinkGraniteTX check out our stories. I've got a savvy young politico named Tina taking over our stories for the convention and I can't wait to see what she shares.
And before you ask why I didn't do such for the GOP convention - honestly I just didn't think of it all until yesterday. That's called building the plane as you fly it - I'm not a professional blogger but I'm learning the tricks. So if you're a Republican (or another Dem) and want to share what your candidate's doing, how you volunteer or anything else that is CIVIL and related to #PinkGranite let me know and we'll get it lined up.
In the meantime here are some Thursday sounding things:
- I like how each year is becoming the "year of the woman" in politics.
- Welcome, Texas Democrats, beer or chardonnay? Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Trump fuels anger, enthusiasm at Texas Democratic Convention Houston Chronicle
- The Texas GOP’s platform, by God Austin American Statesman
- Party hoping to build ‘blue wave’ Dallas Morning News
- Why Have a Baby? via the Cut
- Event to celebrate 5th anniversary of Davis filibuster Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- A webinar on how to ask for more flexibility in your job. Via Career Contessa.
- GOP smoke signals could point to marijuana legalization Lubbock Avalanche Journal
- ASOS is fighting Animal Cruelty and that means getting rid of some products. Via Bustle I'm not sure I was aware ASOS sold cashmere in the first place.
- A review of the Oprah's exhibit at the Smithsonian via the New York Times.