First Reading, 2018 vol. 6
Now that the wedding royale is over, Monday is just Monday again and I'm sitting at my computer like...
There is nothing I can say about the event that hasn't already been said so insert those clapping emojis here.
My campaign for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's 2018 Woman of the Year is in full swing and going quite well. If you'd like to give a dollar or two for the good of the order, you can do that here. Tell your friends.
In between episodes of the Let Down and begging people for fifty dollar bills here's what I've been taking in:
- In 1965 you couldn't be a nurse AND be married. Even LBJ's daughter had to make a choice.
- Modern day polymath's are more poised for success. Thank goodness!
- And oldie but goodie on Nikki Hayley's relationship with Trump.
- Women in Politics - Our Time is Now.
- Will we see the first female, black Governor this year? What about a woman Governor in New York? Hillary has endorsed Cuomo.
- Foreign Policy on How to Steal an Election in Broad Daylight.
- Female Inmates in Texas are learning technical skills - but still have fewer options than the men.
- Texas Monthly has launched the Women's Voices Project and there is so much good stuff for the taking.