Happy President's Day
I really don't think it gets classier than this folks. Deep sigh.
I'm (eye)balls deep in projects right now and I have given up carbs and dairy in an attempt to get Miss Virtue's back. I should probably start working out 10 hours a day to make it stick.
I'm terrified that sooner rather than later my three year old will have to learn to stand on a toilet as part of an "active shooter" drill and my heart is broken.
Otherwise you can find me perusing the internet as follows:
- We all know the stats but let's say it this way: For every woman in US political office, there are three men.
- Black women have gathered in Atlanta to harness their economic and political power, via NPR.
- The Dallas Morning News on the metaphor of footwear for women in politics. And CNN on the "political runway."
- Steve Bannon says that women entering politics will influence America more than the Tea Party movement. Sweet baby Jesus, for once let's hope Bannon's right. P.S. They still end with a comment on clothing.
- 10 Years ago a boss of mine told me that Texas Republicans "cannibalize one another" more than any group she had ever seen and I didn't really get it at the time. Texas Monthly proves she's still right. And now I get it.
- Speaking of, during a recent interview with the Texas Tribune Rep. Sarah Davis understandably said she couldn't vote for Governor Abbott this year and pondered the question if his efforts to unseat her are due to the fact that she's a woman or because she's a woman he can't control.
Early voting starts tomorrow folks. Don't let someone else speak for you. If you're registered - vote.