First Reading, 2018 vol. 3
- One opinion - Abbott owes and apology to Sarah Davis and her voters, via Houston Chronicle. Full disclosure: I used to live in this district and have personally contributed to Chairman Davis this year.
- David Jenning's deeper dive into the donations seems to show that outside groups are backing Susanna Dokupil in her challenge of Rep. Sarah Davis. Read the article on Big Jolly Politics.
- Salerno gets a boost from Emily's list in her Dallas area race for Congress.
- Gina Ortiz Jones faces questions regarding her primary residence - assures voters she will remedy mistake with DC tax authority on her property there.
- Why Lupe Valdez contends she can beat Governor Greg Abbott.
- The fact that Nikki Haley even has to respond to rumors of an affair with Trump is beyond. But here you go via Politico.
- Oprah confirms she's not running for President... in 2020. Via In Style.
- Women aren't backing the GOP tax law, Ivanka is. Via the Washington Post.
- Clinton responds to reports of her (mis?)handling a sexual harassment complaint within her campaign in 2016.