First Reading, 2018 vol. 2
Big high fives this week to the school teaching girls to run for office, for women helping women run for office and for Speaker Straus standing up for Chairman Davis in Houston!
- Cecile Richards is stepping down from Planned Parenthood, more via the Washington Post.
- One Texas school is training young women to run for office. Woot woot.
- Geeking out over Sarah Huckabee Sanders, via Yellowhammer News.
- Oprah-mania highlights the need to recruit more qualified women to run for higher office.
- There's a new database to help you find black women running for office near you, via Bustle.
- Rolling Stone on how the marching has turned women into politicians.
- The "pink wave" has more women helping women run for office, via ABC.
- #MeToo needs to include the most vulnerable in our state, via the Texas Tribune.
- Kathaleen Wall compares herself to Trump in this video, and she's Governor Abbott's pick for Congress.
Until next time.