We interrupt your regularly scheduled election and political posts for a few thoughts on things of minimal importance.
What I'm Watching
I'm having a Margot Robbie moment. Have you seen I, Tonya? It's so very good. After two days of constant attention to my child - mom needed a break and I dropped her off at a drop-in daycare and went to the movies. Gloriously alone.
I was torn between The Post and I, Tonya. She won, and I don't regret it.
Right now, while I'm typing this, I'm watching The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected) on Netflix. Don't judge me for all the screen time, there's only so much I can do with a sleeping three year old at 9 PM, alone. I'm only about 10 minutes in to this movie and I'm already hooked. The first few minutes of Adam Sandler and his daughter trying to park the car is solid gold.
What I (Will Be) Wearing
Did you know that Ann Taylor has a great price adjustment policy? I don't care to admit how much I spent in that store last Friday - all full prices items. That in itself is a pretty dumb move at AT considering they've become the Joseph A. Banks for women - everything goes on mega sale eventually.
However, if within 7 days your items go on sale, just bring your receipt back in and they adjust the prices no questions asked. The sale is still going on and here's what I've picked up in the last week. Today and tomorrow there is an additional 70% of sale. It's no buy one get three free but still a deal.
Click on each image for a link.
I've been looking to cook more at home lately and this weekend Southern Living got me with their beef stew on the cover. You can find the recipe here. My only variation is that I threw it all in an Instant Pot for 35 minutes instead of watching it on the stove top for 3 hours. For real. Such a time saver.
The January issue also includes a recipe for Capitol Hill soup which I'd like to try next. Apparently it's quite the hit in the Senate cafeteria, which I know may not be a glowing recommendation but SL makes it look scrumptious. Here's the recipe from the Senate website.
In more related news:
- Annie's List is hosting Elizabeth Warren here in Austin on February 2nd. Learn more here.
- Emily's List is throwing a LOT of money at campaigns this year.
- Former Trump Supporter now running for Congress to "Fight" Him, via Huff Post.
- Women Get Tips on Running for Office, from the Houston Chronicle.
- 22 Women in the US Senate! And yes that's actually a record.
- The Texas Tribune reporting on how law makers may consider policing themselves on sexual harassment allegations.
- Finally, is Texas ready for a gay, latina Democrat? Lupe says yes!