Junior League of Austin Hosting Community Project Orientation
The Junior League of Austin will soon be accepting applications from local non-profit organizations interested in partnering with the League. If you're not familiar you can learn more about the League here - but the group partners with other non-profits to provide volunteers and sometimes grant funding for various service projects each year.
Here's some information that I've pulled from the League's website where you can apply and learn more. I've also added the upcoming Community Project Orientation to the PINK GRANITE Event Calendar.
Apply to be a Project
Non-profits must apply to become a Community Project. Applications may be for volunteers alone or for volunteers and accompanying funds (but not just for funding).
**Non-profit Organizations: Register/update your contact information here .
The next Community Project Orientation will be August 8, 2017. Check in 9:00 a.m. and Orientation 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. at THE JUNIOR LEAGUE OF AUSTIN.
For all NEW non-profits AND those who have not been a community project with the Junior League of Austin in the past three years, attendance at the orientation is mandatory in order to submit a proposal. Please contact the Community Vice President at email@example.com for more information.
Click HERE to view a copy of the 2016 Project Orientation Power Point Presentation.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION
Please note that to be considered as a community project, the following is required:
* Applicant Non-profit must be a not-for-profit
* Non-profit must show proof of $1 million in liability insurance
* Non-profit must provide quality placements for a minimum of 6 League volunteers
* If funds are requested, the funds must relate to the work of the League volunteers
* Non-profit must allow a representative of The Junior League of Austin to sit on Nonprofit’s Board of Directors as an ex-officio, non-voting member
* All new non-profits and those who have not been a Junior League of Austin Community Project in the past 3 years must send a representative to attend the August 9th orientation in order to submit a project proposal
* Non-profit must include the League name/logo in all publicity regarding the project
APPLICATION — the 2017 application will open soon!
Application due date is Friday, August 26, 2016 at 3:30 p.m. (no exceptions).
For your application to be considered, the following items must be submitted on or before the due date:
1. Financial Documents (including)
- Financial Information Cover Letter
- Letter of IRS Determination of Tax-Exempt Status 501(c)3
- Most Current IRS 990 (Parts I-IV)
- Latest Audit and Management Letter
- Budget to Actual for Previous and Current Fiscal Year End
- Most Recent Balance Sheet
- Project Balance Sheet (this completed document must be attached in Section V of your online application)
- Top 10 Non-Governmental Funding Sources (this completed document must be attached in Section V of your online application)
2. Printed Copy of Email Submission Receipt (applicants will receive this email upon submission of online application – save for your records, and print a copy of entire email to be turned in with financial documents)
3. Online Application This link is no longer available at this time.
For more information, please email Amanda Eldridge, Community Vice President, at CommunityVP@jlaustin.org or call her at (512) 888-9038.