Build Your Closet Just in Time for Special Session
It's embarrassing the number of times I have to tell people that my clothes come from Ann Taylor. When I was a few years younger - I thought it was a total "mom" store. Then I went through a phase where I was convinced that Ann was really stepping up her game.
Then I realized what was happening.
The older I get and the more professional and business casual pieces life requires - the more of my money Ms. Taylor gets. It's not her, it's me. Today they've launched a storewide 50% off sale with the code JUSTBEACHY - just in time for the special session.
- This seasonless sheath dress will never steer you wrong. You can pair it was a jacket of oh so many colors if you're the Chief of Staff, grab a cardigan to throw on top if you're the intern and your Chief of Staff insists on keeping the office at sub-zero temperatures.
- If you're into suits, this tweed number is a cute option, there's a skirt to match and the pieces are neutral enough to be mixed and matched with other solid suiting pieces.
- This flounce skirt is pretty for summer sessions, as is this cutout pleat skirt that comes in black or red (I'd try it on, especially sitting before wearing it to the Capitol first!).
- This squareneck elbow sleeve blouse is very ladylike and a good staple. This white tie waist top is also very crisp and could transition easily from work day to weekend.
I should begin discussing shoes with a disclaimer. EVERY PAIR OF PROFESSIONAL SHOES I OWN COME FROM ANN TAYLOR. You've got to find what is comfortable and works for you. But if you're like me and not careful you'll end up with every pair of Mila pumps they make in your closet.
- I'm particularly fond of these tortoise patterned Mila pumps and am considering buying a back up pair at half off. If you know me you know I wear them with EVERYTHING. The Mila pump also comes in patent leather and both black and camel colors.
- The Eryn leather pumps are also a great buy and better for those needing or preferring a lower heel. I have the Eryn in black and wear them with skirts, pants, suits you name it. They are classy with a heel, but low enough to keep you on your toes even through the extension.
- I'm also fond of these Gigi block heel sandals for summer.