First Reading, vol. 17
I'm in DC this weekend feeling all the cold weather feels and soaking in one of my very favorite cities for a few days. Everyone is talking about tax reform, wedding cakes and Russia. I just want to talk about a stroll through Georgetown and Christkindlmarkt.
Here are a few newsy bits I've collected.
- Rep. Sarah Davis has opened a new district office - learn more here.
- Mark your calendar for the Texas Federation of Republican Women's Leadership Day on January 27th. More info here.
- Looking for an internship at the Texas Capitol? Don't forget to check out the Texas Politics Project website.
Other things of interest:
- Even monkeys understand equal pay for equal work. In case you didn't know - cucumbers are not equal to grapes.
- Time Magazine has picked up on that horrible legal course Roy Moore helped author. He'll still win.
- I got the chance to see Emily Heller here in DC last night. Her Donald Trump as Airbud joke was on point. I don't see the usefulness of the FU's she issued to everyone who voted for the tax bill via Twitter a few hours later - but hey it is still America my friends. Check her out and try to catch her show if she comes to your town, it was like catching up with your very funny, very liberal friend.
- And while we're on comedians - Jen Kirkman's necklace collection at Bauble Bar ends on Dec. 31st. I have a "thirtyish" necklace and am contemplating "catlady" for my daughter. You can get those or a "FeministAF" if you're feeling extra fired up, shop here.
- Matt Lauer wants $30 million from NBC. Hmmm.
- A little dated, but here's an opinion piece from Fast Company - Purge the Pervs.