First Reading, vol. 16
There's drama heating up around the democratic delegation in San Antonio - or at least it would appear so based on this article. In other news, Rep. Arevalo has also opened her office up as a "safe place" as part of the #metoo movement. Read more about that here.
In other news:
- Senator Konni Burton joined the ranks of those urging Congressman Joe Barton to reconsider his re-election bid next year. He obliged.
- Congressman Hensarling backs his former campaign manager Bunni Pounds to replace him in office. Learn more about Bunni here.
- #QuoteHer aims to have more women experts quoted in healthcare publications.
- Rankin Elementary School will open in 2018 in Montana - honoring the first female Congresswoman. Please tell me this isn't the first thing named for her! Big high five to the girls that proposed the name and worked to earn the support of their community!
- Will there be a female candidate for Governor next year? Time will tell.
- Need a fool-proof way to assure no one in office shows you a penis? Try electing someone without one.
- Annie's List is holding a campaign training tomorrow in Houston - but it's full. Consider attending.