Thankful for Slacking Off
That post title will come back to haunt me if I ever run for office. That's the world we live in now.
But I'll admit it - doing nothing of import for the last four days was glorious. I went to the movies with my kid, put 8,048 Christmas trinkets up - exactly 5 minutes after our Thanksgiving feast was over, I wore stretchy pants and no makeup.
I spent about five minutes this morning wondering how my world got so off track that I am in fact not living Meghan Markle's life (sigh) and now I'm back to the grind of expense reporting and trying to do the math on month's old mileage. Plus - cyber Monday and all.
- "Fed Up" women voters are now running for office, via the Hill.
- One Rhode Island State Senator discusses how the #metoo movement could backfire on women in office, via Glamour.
- I mentioned this in my newsletter earlier this month, but I'm reading "Extreme Ownership" and it's quick, concise, and such a worthwhile read. My takeaways - "keep it simple" and "the enemy gets a vote."
- Fran Watson has announced as a Democrat for Texas Senate.
- Joanna Cattanach has announced as a Democrat for Texas House.
- If you're looking for a to-the-point stocking stuffer, consider Emily McDowell's "Stayed Nasty" lapel pin or key chain.
Because slacking is over for at least a couple weeks - I'm working on interviews for 2018 now. If you or someone you know should be featured here on Pink Granite please send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.