Ten Days Later...
I'm embarrassed by how long it has taken me to return to Pink Granite. It's been over a week since my last post here - but alas my job got in the way. Funny how that happens.
In a tornado of presentation deadlines, poster submissions and staying afloat with email I quickly got swamped, and did I mention that I decided to throw potty training in the middle of all of that? We're all busy and I'm being a jerk for pretending I'm any busier than you - so I'll stop there.
To celebrate the end of what I deemed hell week around the Whited household, I managed to squeeze in a wee bit of fun with a quick trip to NYC this weekend. Because I took a jaunt to see Springsteen on Broadway I think that before we continue this post you should go here and turn up your speakers. I'll wait.
Did I mention that Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson were in the 900 seat theater too? Unreal - even if the Boss did forgo a rendition of Philadelphia. Oh and Rita Ora was staying at our hotel as was some male model. The paparazzi were camped out all weekend. So not only am I incredibly busy but also vacation amongst celebrities. #thisismenow
Now I'm back to real life as the woman who forgot her kid's daycare was closed tomorrow... what to do?
While on the plane I caught up on some unimportant magazine reading via my Texture app. and read all about Ivanka's everyday life. It's pretty much the expected stuff but I did experience an unhealthy level of satisfaction from learning that she too doesn't have time to run.
Since we last chatted there are other headlines to cover:
- According to one AP reporter, the needle doesn't seem to be moving for the GOP in recruiting female candidates.
- Essence on 5 Black Women in Politics to Watch. They forgot Ms T.
- Wired on the old politics of the new Bladerunner movie.
- The DNC has announced it will kick Weinstein to the curb, but is it really keeping the money?
- This is a bit dated but very interesting - a WaPo opinion piece entitled "Nobody listens to women when they speak around here..."
In more local news:
- Lt. Governor Dan Patrick has appointed a select committee on Cyber Security and 3 of the 5 members are women. However, of the four appointments he made to study school finance - zero are women.
- In a bold move the Texas Association of Business PAC has endorsed Rep. Cindy Burkett in her primary challenge of fellow Republican (and incumbent) Senator Bob Hall in next year's election.
- Conservative candidate Candy Noble has announced her bid to fill the House seat being vacated by Rep. Jodie Laubenberg.
It will be Monday by the time you read this - so I hope your week is starting off right. Just keep listening to Bruce.